Tuesday, 25 November 2014

NYC --> Montreal

I had been sick for long enough that I was worried.  Even at my worst I normally catch a bug for 2-3 days at a time and then recover, and this had been going on for more than a week.

Even though I had medical insurance I decided to wait until I was in Canada to access health care.  God forbid my insurer decided there was some exceptional reason to deny my claim and I find myself on the hook for thousands of dollars of tests.  In one more day that possibility would evaporate.

The pain and nausea were still fairly intense as I rode the Amtrak train to Montreal.  As soon as I could, I decided to go find a doctor in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment